At The Galfrid School we are proud to have a School Council whose representatives are voted for by their peers. The aims of the School Council are to ensure that children have:
● An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school
● An opportunity to experience a democratic process
● A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them
● A safe, happy, and fair learning environment
● A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills
Representatives share their class’ ideas with the School Council as well as reporting ideas and proposals from the School Council to their class. Meetings take place on a monthly basis.
We are really excited about what our School Council can help us to achieve. Achievements are recorded in the school newsletter.